The "go:cycling" project with Kirklees Council and Kirklees Active Leisure is launching the new cycle training centre at Leeds Road Sports Complex in Huddersfield. All of the sessions are FREE and there is a wide choice. These cycling opportunities are for adults, you need to be over 16 years of age.
Learn to ride/Boost your skills
- No need to book and we provide the bikes and helmets!
- A great sociable way to learn the basics, up to 12 people can attend these group sessions. These are aimed at people who cannot ride a bike so are ideal for anyone wanting to try cycling for the first time, or return to cycling again and improve skills and confidence to ride in traffic.
- Sessions run every Saturday from 9th May to 25 July, from 10am to 12 noon. No booking necessary - first come, first served.
Basics in bike maintenance
- Riding a bike is one thing but fixing it is another! Learn how to maintain your bike on a daily basis and make sure you can get yourself home in the event of a puncture for example.
- Our tutors will cover the basics with you so you can be confident in going that bit further from home.
- Sessions run every 4 weeks after the Learn to Ride sessions on Saturdays 30th May, 27th June and 25th July at 12noon - 1pm
Traffic free cycling/Boost your skills
- You can ride a bike, but maybe you've not ridden for a long time and are not very confident.
- At this level you will practice riding in a traffic free environment to build confidence, and will learn about braking, gear changes and signalling. Tutors also available to give guidance on skills and techniques to ride in traffic.
- Sessions run every Thursday from 14th May to 23rd July between 6pm-8pm.
- Book your place
If you need any further information, or want to find out more about cycling locally please contact Lynnette Evans.
Tel: 01484 234087
- Leeds Road Sports Complex, Leeds Road, Huddersfield, HD2 1YY
- View in map